Well, this CC was the one that literally changed my view on what I’m doing and get to do because of my hobbies. Here’s the video that started it all. I just showed this video to a few interest forums and the feedback was phenomenal. So many surprisingly positive reactions. Zillions of questions about “how” covering every aspect from painting, 3d designing, 3d printing, mechanics, servos, servo controllers etc…. I then realized that people just wish to know how i did it (all). I guess I was so engrossed into resolving stumbling blocks with K2 and other projects that I never considered that I should go into more detail. So my next post will be kind of an announcement….stay tuned 😉
Under the summer while the weather has been perfect for painting parts I’ve been going thru dozens and dozen of cans to get the wanted effect. The most important paint used isn’t really paint. Its the primer that is your make or break process. Because all the parts are 3D printed they do require some light sanding and then using a primer-filler spray. There are many different kinds of primer-filler spray painton teh market but whichever you use remember “layers are your friend”. Don’t be afraid to use many thin layers. On average 4-5 thin layers work best and then you used that main colour. That only required 2 layers and finally a 2K clear coat to protect it.
Painted and installed the head lighting. It looks pretty accurate but these pictures don’t do the eyes justice. I’ll have to take a better picture in the daylight later. I guess because I worked with this during the day that it’s always dark before I think about to taking pictures. Anyway progress is as I wish and steady. I want to get everything right (as humanly possible) only the one time. I used 3mm fiber optics and one LED for the ear bud. Some minor detail painting is still to do on the head but now I get to finally focus on the chest.