Finally, after a very busy and fun event season I get time to finally start my new project besides the R2-A1. Yes I’m finally starting Wall-e!!!! I just got my reference picture back from the local printers in Stockholm. And as with all projects it starts from drawings and diagrams. This printed picture is the “actual” size of how the parts will be. I say “actual” because the original wall-e in the movies was a computer generated character. Anyway, the major challenge (and the only real challenge) will be the the tread-wheel. Making them look like wall-e’s is easy but making them work is a totally different challenge, lol. So it will be a fine line between being exact and being functional. This will be a fully functional 1:1 scaled replica. I will be trying to keep the body weight down by using thin wood around a wooden frame. In a way similar to the way I have built artoo. The plan with this build is to have wall-e done by the November-December 2010 for next years big Sci fi event. Wish me luck 😉
The second of my 2nd new project has begun….