Well, now that everything is approaching normality again I’ve decided to finally start a very challenging project. Yes, I’m finally starting my Wall*E robot build. It will be RC ,1:1 scale and have (at last count) 12 actuators. Its a challenge because very few have built a 1:1 scaled RC Wall*E. Its not the same as building an R2. The major difference is that there are no parts to buy so EVERYTHING has to be scratch built. Disney Studios has the only working version to my knowledge. There are blueprints that I have gotten hold of which help alot. Anyway this post marks the official starting point and it shall be interesting to see how long it takes. This past week I have started working on the head as you can see in these pics. The material of choice is different thickness of black polystyrene plastics for the head and neck while the rest will be a combination of all kinds of material.