My sabertooth component arrived yesterday and I had just finish much of that paint work i mentioned earlier. So, I decided to work on the remote controlled movement before bedtime. and after a few shakey hours trying to get the connection right It rolled around and spun just like artoo should, yippy. The shakey first hours was because i discovery that I had a bad vex signal splitter, fortunately I bought 2 (the other for the eventual second artoo build). After I dicovered the problem I changed it out in a matter of minutes and YIPPY. I guess you can say I have an offical replica and functional artoo. Sorry I didnt take any pictures it all progressed so fast i forgot to take them, lol. I did the test run for about 20 minutes with no real drain on the batteries. 🙂
YIPPY, IT WORKS!!!!!